DoIP Print & Play

Home Forums Dwarves of Iron Peak DoIP Print & Play

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  admin 17 hours, 51 minutes ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

PnP comments & suggestions

agademer
    Participant

Hi Greg,

Some remarks :

– Missing Lancer : Only five lancer pawn in the DwarvesTroll.pdf file, you should add one sideways. 🙂

– Gwenda Load and Hatchling are not present in the Cards_Dwarf.pdf and Cards_VileTroll.pdf
    It is also not precised what to do with the cards present in the files (and how many of each to print).

– I have many remark on the actual rulebook. You may find them here :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FQk0WD9A7fFtDTXbmrRpX5D51NGF4JEp/view?usp=sharing

Don’t hesitate to ask me for help.

Best regards,

Antoine

admin
    Keymaster

Love it AG! I am looking through everything.  Thanks!

Grog
    • The Lancers, you are correct! I have older prints so I missed that sixth Lancer.
    • Gwendas Loaf and the Hatchling cards have not been added yet. I have a MurkMaw sheet that I will include soon that will include them.
    • Each card should only be printed once except the Hatchling cards, you would print 3, but I will include them on the above mentioned sheet.
    • Thank you for the edits on the RuleBook! I will go through them all this week and make adjustments.

Excellent stuff, Thank You!

agademer
    Participant

Hi everyones (I don’t know if admin and Grog are one or two people :p)

You should add a README.txt to the PnP GDrive telling what is the current status of the PnP files.

People will consider that the PnP file are finalized when you publish them like you did (moreover with the long delay since the kickstarter) and may grind a bit if they discover (by themselves) that it’s not.

It could be :

—–

README.txt

Print DwarvesTroll.pdf, the Dwarves_cards.pdf and the Troll_cards.pdf and the map and try the classic DoIP match !

Material for Crud, Murkmaw and the scenario are on their way !

The rulebook is a Work in Progress but will be updated very soon !

Any question : xxx@rocketslug.com

<hr />

If you are ok with that, you could send me some editable files and I could help you with the editing. (Or at least make you some more visual proposition)

I promised you I would not released it anywhere (I could sign you an agreement if you want).

Best regards,

Antoine

Grog

Admin and Grog are both me, ie Greg

I need to write up a ReadMe soon so I will definitely put those suggestions in there. Right now I have an editor that handles all the corrections etc. He also handles changing all of my horrible layout choices.

admin
    Keymaster

6th Dwarf added. This is only the first version of the PnP so there will be things that need fixin’.

JEVR
    Participant

Hi all!

After downloading the files I have to say I’m pretty happy I’ve backed this project, the game seems up to my expectations in every way. I know the rulebook is a WIP, I hope my comments help to improve it.

I’m reading the rulebook and, even if this is not the final printing version, I have some suggestion for clarification:
    – Picking / dropping treasure: does it cost 1 AP or is it for free?
    – When speaking about Troll wound location, it would help to include the image of the relevant part of the troll dashboard. Also, putting exceptions to the rules (such the gut wound) in boxes would make them easier to find.
    – if I got it right (I’m no native speaker), troll gut wounds give him extra AP on his next activation, right?
    – There is a typo on page 10 (“dwarhves”).
    – Murkmaw tentacles activation: it cost 4 AP to submerge a tentacle, then you pay another 4 AP to move up to 8 hexes and resurface it?
    – Would you consider adding some background text at the beginning? It would help set the mood and make the rulebook more immersive.

– Dwarf card For the King: “The extra +1 Ap applies to only to movement.”  There is one extra “to”.

Grog

Welcome AG and JEVR!

I am glad you like it. I have another version I will release soon. Thank you for the edits! I will get back with a reply on your rules questions once I get some sleep 😉

Grog

JEVR, here are your questions answered below:

– Picking / dropping treasure: does it cost 1 AP or is it for free

Picking up a treasure or really anything, is free. Although, after picking up certain items, like Dragging a body for instance, then affects your movement speed.

– When speaking about Troll wound location, it would help to include the image of the relevant part of the troll dashboard. Also, putting exceptions to the rules (such the gut wound) in boxes would make them easier to find.

Agreed! I have to add this image in.

– if I got it right (I’m no native speaker), troll gut wounds give him extra AP on his next activation, right?

Yes. Basically hitting the Troll in the Gutt (number 6) makes him just angrier 😉 Each hit gives the Troll player one more Action Point on top of his normal 6 AP, to use next turn. 

– There is a typo on page 10 (“dwarhves”).

Got it!

– Murkmaw tentacles activation: it cost 4 AP to submerge a tentacle, then you pay another 4 AP to move up to 8 hexes and resurface it?

Submerging the tentacle is rarely used so I might remove it from the game. The testing on this let the MurkMaw player move the tentacle basically ‘under’ dwarves and other obstacles, to get to an objective. But, the tentacle can still only appear 8 hexes away. 

– Would you consider adding some background text at the beginning? It would help set the mood and make the rulebook more immersive.

We’ve played around with this a lot and there is still some room to add some text. I did have a paragraph but it had to be reworked and didn’t make sense where it was. We will work something out soon on the next version. 

– Dwarf card For the King: “The extra +1 Ap applies to only to movement.”  There is one extra “to”.

Got it!

Thank you!

Grog

AG, thank you also for the edits! We are looking at everything. 😉

admin
    Keymaster

@Antoine – Can you share your pdf document so I can put some comments in there to answer your questions? If not then I will list them out and answer them here. I am editing the rulebook a bit today.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.